Educating the next generation is a shared responsibility. We know, and research has shown, that a strong partnership between a child’s school and their family is key to making sure that each child reaches their full potential. We work to make sure that each CPS student and their family feels seen, engaged, and supported.
Some concrete examples of our work with families are:
- Parent Teacher Organizations (PTO) at each Partnership school
- Educational workshops for parents
- Family events, such as: Dreams, Trunk or Treat, parent/child dances, and more
- Dedicated family support staff to work with students and families in challenging situations
- Resource fairs
- Volunteer opportunities
- Surveys and needs assessments
- Food and gift distribution (especially around holidays)
One of our strengths is that we are responsive. If a parent has a suggestion or a student has a particular need, we try our very best to work with them.